|LHC sails away with a win! - 03 December 2014|
The Royal Queensland Yachting Squadron Schools Pacer Series concluded on 16 November at Manly, with Lourdes Hill College continuing their domination to the very end.
The final results were nothing short of extraordinary, with the LHC boat combination of Danica Streader and Madison Ralph taking out the series. The girls took out 1st place from 33 boats, 28 of which were male crews from TSS, Boys Grammar, Ormiston College and Moreton Bay Boys’ College.
This is a fantastic result considering the strong and often tricky wind conditions of the past few Sundays, as well as a multitude of jellyfish occupying the bay with the girls.
Five schools boats participated in the event and all of the girls conducted themselves in a fantastic manner, displaying outstanding teamwork and incredible resilience.
The girls who participated in this regatta were:
- Danica Streader & Madison Ralph (1st overall)
- Hannah O’Gorman & Megan Strauss (6th overall)
- Patricia McGovern & Clementine Jemmott (23rd overall)
- Ella McKie, Tessa Blaby & Chloe Frail (28th overall)
- Amy Quinn, Reagan Brady & Eloise Williams (32nd overall)